There are just under two weeks of summer left for me (where did the time go??). I feel like I got caught up in the “working life” for the past few months and have sort of forgotten about the bucket list I made for myself way back in May. It’s time to check in and see if I’ve been doing what I planned out for myself:
- “Explore (around my town or a whole new place)“- This one has definitely been accomplished this summer as I explored Downtown Guelph, Montreal, Elora, Rockwood, and Grand Bend!
- “Visit my university friends who live both near and far“- I’ve been to Woodstock and Mississauga a few times to visit my friends made over the school year, which I consider to be ‘far’!
- “Try new recipes/Cook for myself”- I’ve been sort of lacking on this one, but I did enjoy packing my own lunch for work for the last few months, something that I missed doing during the school year.
- “Watch lots of movies!“- While I haven’t watched many movies this summer I did watch season one of Scream Queens! Mini review: good show if you like Glee, but can get graphic/scary at points. They referenced a lot of typical horror/slasher conventions which I appreciated as I studied these genres in film studies this year.
- “Read books“- again, lacking on this one a bit but I have almost finished my nostalgic rereading of A Series of Unfortunate Events
- “Take Riley (the dog) on walks, hikes, and bike rides and help him lose his ‘spare tire’“- Riley has been on many walks since the introduction of Fitbits in our family (my sister now has one too), and he has slimmed down a bit!
- “Try new crafts and DIYs“- I did a cute mini cactus DIY which now sits on on my desk, and just recently made a Brandy Melville inspired sign for my dorm.
- “Save money and find ways to have fun without spending lots of $$$“- Working full time plus spending less on fun has allowed me to save up some money for the upcoming school year
- “Get rid of my mid-calf tan lines #embarrassing” Somewhere between burning the back of my legs in Grand Bend and spending the day outside in Elora I managed to lose the mid-calf tan lines, and now only have lines on my feet from my Birkenstocks #YouWinSomeYouLoseSome
- “Find some time to relax and unwind before school starts again in the fall“- This one has been happening ever since the first weekend of the summer, when I realized that I didn’t have any assignments or exams to worry about. I’ve been appreciating this ever since, balanced with my excitement to go back to school
Here’s to the next two weeks of relaxation, adventures, and goodbyes.