Finals season is in full swing and what better to accompany a study session than a delicious snack? Check out these healthy and yummy snacks that also have benefits for your brain:
1. Apple Slices and Nut Butter: Apple skin contains an antioxidant called quercetin that improves memory function. Nuts have essential fatty acids that help with brain function.
2. Hummus and Veggies: Broccoli and cauliflower help with memory retention. Chickpeas contain protein that that support the brain, and folic acid that improves information recall
3. Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate can increase alertness, memory retention, and clarity
4. Berries and Yogurt: Berries such as blueberries and raspberries can increase brain function by improving the blood flow to the brain
5. Air-Popped Popcorn: Popcorn contains fibre and antioxidants, and less fat and sodium than potato chips